Mindset to find clients.
Pitched as an implementor, but you need to think about the bigger picture.
I’m in charge, I can teach. I bring the strategy.
Everybody needs a marketer. They want (x-y-z) but ultimately they want clients and customers.
When you’re a VA or writer, you go looking for people.
When you’re a digital marketer, you sell – whether people are asking for you or not.
- be confident in your ability to deliver
- When they bite at the initial offer, whet their appetite with your ability to make a difference. You need to get them to agree their real problem is XYZ. Agree with their problem, but offer additional insight. There is some persuasion involved in this.
- If people balk at price at this point, they’re not actually balking at price. They’re saying they don’t think the value you’re offering is worth the price you’re asking for the service.
- Great example about the cost of 2 items.. Mercedes and House on Martha’s Vineyard example.
- Sales Skills are your problem.
- Branding is part of this.
They need money or time. Sell yourself to Errybody.
You still need to offer the low hanging fruit. It will attract people to come to you, but when they take that offer.. You need to set their sights on something bigger.
Now everybody becomes a prospect.
Look for their natural problems, and show them the solution to that problem is in a bigger strategy that you hold. You need to dig deeper on the pain. What are you hoping to help them accomplish. Keep asking WHY.. 5 times at least. It goes back to money and traffic.. they’ll get here, but this is where you can shift their mindset to understand this may be the problem, but there may be more to it.
“I’d love to take a look at this and make some suggestions.” Get to the root of the issue.